Thursday 14 November 2013
This shows the editing process I took with screenshots of how I created our TRC News Opening Sequence. It also shows the types of "advanced" effects I used and how it linked into the Technology theme.

1 - Background
The first step of creating the opening sequence was to create a simple but sleek background
which fit in with the theme of technology. I used a Light Blue to Dark Blue radial gradient theme.

2 - Creating HUD Effect
The second step was to create the first graphic which was the HUD Shapes, these shapes represented a holographic motion effect.

3 - Applying HUD Effect
The third step was to simply Pre-Compose the HUD Effect intro a separate composition, then apply it onto the main composition over the background.

4 - Matrix Hacking Effect
 I then added one of the most stand out features of the opening sequence which was the Matrix Hacking Effect. I downloaded this footage which was initially designed on After Effects already. However I simply edited the colour of the clip to a Light-Dark Blue and then set the blend mode of the Matrix layer to "Hard Light" which allowed it to fully blend in the background while adding a sleek glow.


5 - World Map Texture
For the next part of the creation of the opening sequence I applied a flat map of the world texture in front of the BG Layer. I the changed the colour of the map from Black - Light Blue which would help it blend in more. 

6 - Animating Coloured Stripes 
In this I created these animated blue stripes, I firstly used the "Fractal Noise" effect to create the lines and then key-framed the evolution of them to have an animating and appearing at different times. I then applied the "Colorama" effects which allow the animating stripes be a overall Blue colour, however also with a black tint.

7 - Background Grid Texture
In the image below you can slightly see a grid texture blended with the Background, I firstly created a black solid, I then applied a white grid effect onto the solid white made the solid a white transparent grid, I then finally applied a CC Cylinder effect to the grid which allowed it to have a slight 3D bend look to it.

8 - 3D Grid Globe
For the 8th step I firstly needed to create a 3D Grid Sphere, so i imported a image of a grid into After Effects and then added the CC Sphere effect which allowed the flat 2D Grid to become a fully 3D Sphere. I then added a gradient ramp and changed the colour to Light-Dark Blue. I then finally added a Glow which have the globe a attractive glowing visual look.

9 - 3D Globe
For the 9th step I firstly needed to create a 3D Globe, so i imported a image of a flat map into After Effects and then added the CC Sphere effect which allowed the flat 2D Grid to become a fully 3D Sphere. I then added a gradient ramp and changed the colour to Light-Dark Blue. I next finally added a Glow which have the globe a attractive glowing visual look. Once I had done this I created the 3 stripes which circled the globe by drawing out 3 quadrilateral shapes and applying the same effects to them as I did for the globe.
I then applies 3D Rotational Keyframes to the 3 stripes which allowed them to circular hover around the globe.

10 - Animating 3D Globe's 
Once I had Pre-Composed the two globe's together they fitted nicely inside one another giving the globe a really visually pleasing look. So then I applied a 3D Rotational Positional Keyframe  to the globe which would animate it from off the screen to on the screen while also animating the rotation of the globe as if it was spinning on its axis while moving position.

11 - Creating Text
Here you can see that I was in the process of creating the text for the opening sequence. However firstly I drew 3 Quadrilateral shapes, the bigger one to hold the text and the other 2 for display. Once I had created the text and the shapes, I added two Optical Flares and key-framed them to slide across the big shape on the left.

12 - Animating Text
The final step of the creation process of the whole opening sequence was to Animate the text. So what i did here was firstly Pre-Compose the text and 3 shapes, i then applied a 3D Rotational Positional Keyframe  to the text which would animate it from off the screen to on the screen while also animating the rotation of the whole text pre-composition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment